Everything about IC TP4056
Integrated Circuit TP4056 is 1A Standalone Linear Li-lon Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation and two LED Indication in case SOIC-8/SO-8/SOP-8.
The TP4056 is a complete constant-current/constant-voltage linear charger for single cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion) batteries. Its SMD package and little external components make the TP4056 ideally suited for portable applications.
Pros and cons
- Linear Charger – no additional interference like switching power supplies
- Small Space – SMD package
- Simple Design – low count external components
- Adjustable charging current – programmed externally with a single resistor
- Maximum input voltage is only 8 V
- Maximum charging current is only 1 A
- Not available in DIP-8 package (i.e. standard THT case)
- Output charging voltage is fixed 4.2 V (no other choice for different types of batteries – LiFe etc.)
- Input voltage range: 4–8 V
- Recommended Input voltage: 5 V (USB)
- Ouput voltage: 4.2 V
- Output charging current: max 1 A (adjustable by Rprog)